Blaze Link - Terms and Conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE BLAZE WEBSITE
The following terms and conditions govern your access and use of this website ("Site") and the content and services offered to you through this Site including but not limited to access to the Blaze Platform (the “Platform”) offered to you through this website ("Site").
Acceptance of terms
2.1 In order to access any of the services available on the Platform you will be required to accept these terms and conditions. You will be deemed to have accepted these terms by:
- Completing our online registration process and confirming that you have read and accepted these terms; or
- Viewing, accessing or using content on the Site which does not require registration.
2.2 We suggest that you print out and keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your records. In addition to these Terms, there may be additional terms and conditions which apply to individual services which you will be required to accept when registering for the particular service.
This Service is open to the following categories of all Safaricom PrePay youth subscribers:
- Youth(18-26 Years) not on Blaze, has a Kenyan ID but registered through a Parents ID.
- Minor/ Tweens (10-18 Years)- without an ID but registered through a Parents ID.
3.2 Eligible subscribers will have access to a range of specific products and services including but not limited to:
- Blaze Create Your Plan (CYP) Bundles
- Blaze Bonga points
- Blaze Mpesa
- Customer Care
- Other products & services that will be added at the discretion of Safaricom Limited.
Registration for the Products and Services
Subscription to the products and services offered will be through the Blaze platform.
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
(i) these terms and conditions;
(ii)any applicable law or regulation.
- You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any part of the Site.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
- You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Safaricom has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under these terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Safaricom may suffer) of any such breach.
Password and Account Security
- For certain Services e.g. registration to access www.blaze.co.ke you will be required to choose a user name and a password. For any such Services:
- The user name you choose must not be obscene, threatening, menacing, racist, offensive, derogatory, defamatory or in violation of any intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party; and
- If we consider in our sole and absolute discretion that the user name selected by you is inappropriate, we reserve the right to reject and prevent your use of such user name at any time with or without notice to you.
- We may change your password and username from time to time and we will notify you of any changes by using the contact details that you have provided to us.
- Your password is confidential and by being aware of this you agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of password(s) associated with your account(s). Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to Safaricom for all activities that occur under your account.
Prohibited use of the services
7.1 You, and any persons you allow to use the Services through your access to the Services, are not allowed to:
- Copy, disclose, modify, reformat, display, distribute, license, transmit, sell, perform, publish, transfer, link to, reverse engineer or decompile (except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law) or otherwise make available the Services or any part thereof except as set out in these terms;
- Include or create links (including deep-links) to or from the Services;
- Replicate the Site or create a separate border around any part of the Services (also known as "framing");
- Use the Services for storing, reproducing, transmitting, communicating or receiving any Offending Material. For the purpose of these terms Offending Material means any content transmitted using the Service that is:
- In breach of any law, regulation or code of practice invoked by Safaricom, industry regulator or any other competent authority or any policy adopted by Safaricom with regard to the acceptable use of the Services, or
- Abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, offensive or menacing (or that has the effect (as may be contemplated by a reasonable person) of causing the recipient to feel so harassed, abused or offended; or
- Designed to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person; or
- In breach of confidence, intellectual property rights, privacy or any right of a third party.
- Hack into, make excessive traffic demands, probe or port scan other computers, deliver viruses, mail bombs, chain letters or pyramid schemes or otherwise engage in any other behaviour intended to inhibit other users from using and enjoying the Services or any other website.
- Collect and process others' personal data except in accordance with applicable data protection law;
- Advertise or offer to sell goods or services on the pretext that the same are endorsed, offered for sale or originate from Safaricom;
- Infringe any other person's intellectual property rights;
- Use the Services to harvest or collect information about users of the Services or to post or otherwise distribute unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as "spam");
- Use the Services or the Content in any way that we in our sole and absolute discretion consider objectionable, inappropriate, likely to injure our brand and reputation or otherwise unacceptable;
- Use the Services to send emails and other content coached, phrased or written in such a manner as to give an impression that the email is correspondence from Safaricom.
- You are responsible for any misuse of the Services even if it is by another person using your access to the Services.
- We reserve the right to block, remove, edit or refuse to post any material that you attempt to transmit through the Services that we deem to be in contravention of these terms and to take such other action as we in our sole and absolute discretion consider necessary to prevent or remedy any breach of these terms. If you become aware of any content or material circulated using the Services and that is in breach of these terms or content or material on the Site that is similarly in breach of these
terms then we encourage you to promptly inform us by contacting our customer care service. We are not responsible or liable for any failure to remove, block or delay in removing, any such infringing content or material or third party material from the Service or for any good faith but wrongful removal of third party material.
Use of your information
Safaricom may hold and use information provided by you for a number of purposes, which may include:
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on Safaricom in connection with legal proceedings or in respect of crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
- Monitoring or recording of your communications for Safaricom's business purposes such as marketing, quality control and training, prevention of unauthorised use of Safaricom's telecommunications system and ensuring effective systems operation in order to prevent or detect crime.
Cost of using the services
You will need to provide all equipment necessary to access the Service. If your equipment does not support the relevant technology allowing you to access the internet then you will not be able to use this Service.
9.2 Cost and Charges
Safaricom will currently not charge you to sign up/register for the Services, obtain an email address or vary or change the email address save as may otherwise be communicated by Safaricom from time to time. However, Safaricom reserves the right to charge for access or all of Services in the future, subject to a clear notice when accessing Services that are charged.
Further, please note that you will be liable for the cost of accessing the internet at such rates as may be prescribed by Safaricom from time to time.
In the event that you have accrued free minutes as part of the Safaricom Loyalty Scheme "Bonga" or any other promotion ran on the Platform then your use of such free minutes in accessing the Service will be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be prescribed by Safaricom from time to time.
Delivery of messages and storage
10.1 Although Safaricom will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Services are available to you at all times, it cannot guarantee a continuous fault free service. The quality and availability of Services may be affected by factors including (but not limited to) acts of God, planned maintenance or rectification work, or your equipment may interfere adversely with the quality and provision of the Services. We therefore do not warrant and shall not be liable for any delay or failure to send, receive or processing of messages, pictures, video clips and other communications or the quality of the materials received.
10.2 You accept and recognise that the internet is not a secure environment and as such messages, pictures, video clips and other communications may be intercepted or accessed by those other than the intended recipient, manipulated, distorted, adapted, modified, stored or forwarded by others to you which may give unauthorised persons access to information stored on your PC or mobile device or may cause damage to your PC or mobile device. Safaricom accepts no liability for any loss or damage resulting from the receipt of any messages, pictures, video clips or other communications from any third parties. You will be required to take reasonable precautions while accessing websites, sending or receiving emails using the Services.
10.3 Safaricom may establish limits concerning the use of the Services for example the maximum size of an email message that may be sent or received, the maximum capacity allocated to you for storage and/or transmission of Content on/through the Network which you access via the Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyright, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in any material or content (including without limitation software, data, applications, information, text, photographs, music, sound, videos, graphics, logos, symbols, artwork and other material or moving images) contained in or accessible via the Services ("Content") is either owned by Safaricom or has been licensed to Safaricom by the rights owner(s) for use as part of the Services. You are only allowed to use the Services as set out in these terms. If you wish to do use the Content for any other purpose other than reviewing it on the Site then you will be required to obtain the prior written permission of the owner of the rights in that material. All rights are expressly reserved.
Having noted the above you shall not be entitled in respect of any Content (wholly or partly):
- To pass it on to third parties or to allow third parties to access it unless and to the extent expressly permitted; or
- To change, edit, modify, reformat or adapt it in any other way.
The information contained in this Site may be out of date and/or may contain other errors or omissions. Safaricom provides the Service and Content on the Site "as is" and makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied with respect to the Service and/or the Content (including without limitation regarding their satisfactory quality, freedom from viruses or other harmful components, fitness for a particular purpose, suitability, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, completeness, security or that they are free from error) unless specifically set out in these terms.
Hyperlinks and Third Party Sites
Safaricom explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy, content, or availability of information found on sites that link to or from the Site. The inclusion of links on the Service to third party sites not controlled by us does not imply any endorsement by us of such sites and as such any transaction you make with a third party flowing from such links is carried out entirely at your own risk and we accept no liability for any losses that you may suffer as a result.
Document links are still under renovation to make them all fully accessible to software used by the visually impaired.
We shall not be liable for any loss of use, profits or data or any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses, whether such losses or damages arise in contract, negligence or tort, including without limitation to the foregoing any losses in relation to:
- Your use of, reliance upon or inability to use our Service and/or Content;
- The deletion with or without notice or cause of any of your data or information stored on the Service;
- Any loss of your data or material resulting from delays, non-deliveries, missed deliveries, service interruptions or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Service at anytime;
- The removal from the Service of any material sent or posted by you on or via the Service and/or the blocking or suspension of your access to the Service or any part of it in accordance with these terms.
If you are dissatisfied with any part of the Service or with any of these terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Service.
Indemnity by you
You irrevocably agree to indemnify us (Safaricom Limited), Google Ireland Limited and any of our third party providers ("together indemnified persons")fully against and to hold the indemnified persons harmless on demand from all losses, costs, proceedings, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liabilities howsoever incurred by the indemnified persons as a result of any claim by a third party resulting from your use of the Service (or use of the Service by anyone who accesses the Service via your password) in breach or non-observance of these terms. We shall notify you of any claim that we or any of the other indemnified persons receives and you hereby agree to provide us and/or any of the indemnified persons with full authority to defend or settle such claims and shall provide us and/or any of the indemnified persons with all reasonable assistance necessary to defend such claims, at your sole expense.
16.1 Safaricom reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time by placing the revised terms and conditions on its websites www.blaze.co.ke and www.safaricom.co.ke and you will be deemed to have been bound by such variation by continuing to use the Services. You should periodically check the websites www.safaricom.co.ke and www.blaze.com to make yourself aware of any variations.
16.2 The construction, validity and performance of these terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by the Laws of Kenya.
16.3 If any provision of these terms and conditions are declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, such a term shall be amended or at the discretion of Safaricom it may be severed from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
16.4 Except where these terms and conditions provides otherwise, the rights and remedies contained in it are cumulative and not exclusive to rights or remedies provided by Law.
The failure by Safaricom to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the terms and conditions shall not be a waiver by them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all terms and conditions.
16.5 No delay or failure by Safaricom shall constitute a breach or give rise to any claim for damages or loss of anticipated profits if such delay or failure is caused by force majeure. Force majeure shall mean an occurrence which is beyond and without fault or negligence of Safaricom affected and which Safaricom is unable to prevent or provide against by the exercise of reasonable diligence including, but not limited to, acts of God or of the public enemy, appropriation of confiscation of facilities, terrorists activity or other catastrophe, strike or any other concerted acts of employees or other similar occurrences.
16.6 You shall not assign these terms and conditions to a third party. Any unauthorized assignment or attempt to assign will automatically terminate this Service. Safaricom may assign these terms and conditions in whole or part to any third party at its discretion.
16.7 You acknowledge and agree that by using this Site you do not rely on, shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these terms and conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these terms and conditions as a warranty.
Nothing in this clause shall, however, operate to limit or exclude liability for fraud.
Suspension and Termination of the service
17.1 We may suspend, vary or terminate your use of the Service or the Site without compensation for any period during which:
- Safaricom is required or requested to comply with an order or instruction of or a recommendation from the government, court, regulator or other competent authority;
- Safaricom reasonably suspects or believes that you are in breach of these terms and conditions;
- Such a suspension or variation is necessary as a consequences of technical problems or for reasons of safety;
- In order to update or upgrade the contents or functionality of the Service from time to time;
- Upon any detection of abuse/misuse, breach of content, fraud or attempted fraud relating to your use of the Service;
- Subject to MSISDN expiry rules as defined by Safaricom from time to time;
- Where you remain inactive for any period of time chosen by us in our reasonable discretion or where we believe, in our sole and absolute discretion;
- On the platform, upon exceeding the age of 26 years or if it is found that you are not within the ages of 10 and 26 years.
- Safaricom suspends the provision of the Services and/or this Platform for its commercial reasons or for any other reason as it may determine in its absolute discretion.
- If we suspend your access to the Service to investigate or prevent a potential breach of the Services these terms shall continue to apply during such period of suspension and you shall remain liable for any charges payable by you during such period.
- If your access to the Services is terminated for any reason then we may proceed to delete all information, emails and data that you have stored on the Services. We therefore recommend that you save copies of all information that you wish to keep on another storage device apart from the Services.
- If we terminate your access to the Service for material breach of these terms (including non-payment of any sums due by you (where applicable) then you shall remain liable for any such sums and for any other sums which you have contracted to pay prior to such termination, whether or not such charges relate to Services to be provided before or after such termination date and whether.
- In the event that we decide to permanently withdraw the Services then we shall communicate this decision using such means as we shall deem appropriate including through the use of broadcast SMS. However please remain aware that depending on the nature of the reason for the suspension, change or termination of the services it
may not always be possible to give advance notice. Consequently Safaricom shall not be liable to you for any ensuing loss or damages occasioned to you from such a suspension, change or termination. Termination shall however not affect the accrued rights and liabilities of either you or us.
- You may terminate your use of the Services at any time by sending a message to the email Address firstname.lastname@example.org from your account or following such other instructions as may be communicated on the website or contacting us, as set out above. Termination of the Service will not affect your obligation to pay for Services used by you or any third party goods or services previously purchased using the Services.
- You may terminate your use of the Platform at any point after you have registered. To unsubscribe:
- Dial *555## from your Blaze line.
- Follow the prompts to unsubscribe from and opt out of the Service.
Safaricom and Blaze Other Terms & Conditions
- By opening any email sent from Safaricom Limited, the recipient is deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions provided below.
- The information in any email sent from Safaricom including any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged.
- Emails sent from Safaricom are intended only for the use of the named addressee If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and immediately delete the email in question from your system.
- Emails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. Safaricom Limited does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of any email that is found to have been altered or manipulated.
- The contents and opinions expressed in any email sent from Safaricom are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Safaricom Limited. Safaricom Limited disclaims any liability to the fullest extent permissible by law for any consequences that may arise from the contents of any email sent from its systems including but not limited to personal opinions, malicious and/or defamatory information and data/codes that may compromise or damage the integrity of the recipient's information technology systems.
- Unless expressly stated by a duly authorised officer of Safaricom Limited nothing contained in any email message sent from Safaricom Limited may be construed as being an offer to contract or an acceptance of an offer capable of constituting a contract between Safaricom Limited and any recipient(s) of this email.
- We will send to you periodic notifications informing you of your information and interactions on the BLAZE network.
- You can check your standing on the BLAZE service by accessing the website on blaze.co.ke.